The following articles provide a detailed guide to sports nutrition in general, and weight training in particular.
- Understanding Energy Systems in Exercise and Sports
The body uses different energy systems for different types of activities -- and even several at the same time. Find out how it works.
- How Much Protein for Athletes and Exercisers
Protein is talked about a lot in sports and exercise training. If you exercise intensely you need a little more, but not too much.
- Carbohydrates for Energy in Sports and Exercise
Carbohydrates are the cornerstone fuel of most forms of exercise activity. Get this wrong and you won't perform at your best.
- Timing of Food and Fluids for Exercise and Sports
Knowing what to eat is a start; knowing when to eat it tops off a comprehensive approach to sports nutrition.
- Food and Fluids After Exercise
The post-exercise period can be equally important to a training program as what you eat and drink before exercise.
- Myths of Food and Fuels for Weight Training
Don't get caught up in crazy ideas about the best things to eat and drink for superior performance. Stick to the tried and true basics.
- Bodybuilding Supplements Reviewed
Only take supplements when the evidence base says they are safe and effective. The manufacturer or marketer is not necessarily the best person to provide this advice.
- Sports Nutrition Disorders of Athletes
Eat poorly and overtrain and you can get seriously ill or injured. Always adopt a sensible plan and get good professional advice.